Job title: Presentation Scheduler
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Category: Radio / Television
Job type: Full time
Language preference: English and at least one other language
Experience preference: 1+ years
Salary indication: not available
The presentation scheduler reports to the Channel Operations Manager and is responsible, on behalf of the brand organization, for the entire day-to-day operations of one or more television channels by creating accurate and attractive transmission schedules within strict timelines.
Main tasks & Responsibilities
- First point of contact for programming and media planning for all operational matters relating to the channel
- Translating brand priorities to attractive transmission schedules
- Executing promotional strategies by planning all on-air promotions
- Importing and updating all commercial blocks in liaison with Ad Sales.
- Scheduling all on-top graphics and applications according to the channel’s style guide
- Liaising with the MediaDesk to ensure the required media is available for each transmission
- Ensuring that the schedules are delivered on time and meet editorial, technical and regulatory guidelines
- Liaising with MCR Play Out to ensure the delivered transmission schedules are on time and technically sound
- Maintaining clear, concise and up to date documentation about the channel
- At least 1 year experience in a scheduling, planning or TV (post)production environment
- Or an MA level in work and thinking
- Some knowledge of television and/or broadcasting technology
- Effective communication in English and at least one other language
- A great eye for detail and the ability to see the bigger picture behind them
- A pragmatic and planned approach to any challenge
- Diligent and dedicated problem solving
- A strong resistance to stress and grace under fire
Sure, you will have challenging tasks, responsibilities and freedom for your ideas, just like in other companies – but the difference is in the details. At Viacom International Media Networks you are not only bringing in your personal Know How, but also your individual passion. Since we all share a love for great stories, we have gathered the best storytellers and committed ourselves to bringing the best possible stories to our audience all across the world. In the pursuit of telling all the new stories as well as the loved classics, we have grown to become the largest media network in the world. Become a part of us and work for our famous brands like MTV, VIVA, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon and Nicknight. You will have the opportunity to discover your true talent in an innovative and passionate work environment that fits your lifestyle and fandom. We require versatile talents – whether you are a newcomer or a professional – to help expand our content across all platforms from TV to Web. However your own story might turn out, we are happy if you chose to share it with us!
Viacom is home to the world’s premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories. With media networks reaching approximately 700 million global subscribers, Viacom’s leading brands include MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, BET, CENTRIC, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., TeenNick, Nicktoons, Nick at Nite, COMEDY CENTRAL, TV Land, SPIKE, Tr3s, Paramount Channel and VIVA.
If you are interested in this position, please fill out the online application form here.